Tuesday, April 22, 2008

New book to read..."Learnt"...

I ran accross this book, "Learnt" by Edward Baldwin a couple of weeks ago while visiting my brother in Orlando. I was drawn to the book because of the title and was pleasantly surprised to read that the author lives in Jacksonville. I have since exchanged e-mails with Mr. Baldwin. He is definitely the REAL deal and I am looking forward to starting Learnt this weekend. He gave me some good pointers on writing and how to focus and get your point accross. If you get a chance be sure to pick it up. It is not everyday a book is written about High School students and the struggles of teaching.

Another good book around a similar primace is Wonderland by Michael Bamburger. Bamburger ended up spending a year at a High School up in Pennsylvania and writing about his experiences. I gulped that one a couple of years ago.

So have you read any good books lately? Look forward to reading your thoughts!

No comments: