Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Moment of clarity...

I had a really rough day with my 3rd Period students yesterday and could not shake it off. I was just frustrated that my students were not putting forth effort and disappointed that I could not motivate them. Then when I woke up this morning I realized why I was so frustrated. It was because I love to achieve and get things done and when people don't have that same drive it frustrates me.

I realized that the sound of my students working energizes me! So I changed up my lesson into 3 mini assignments and my students did well. They worked the entire period and I was able to throw in some encouraging words in the end. A VERY energizing and good day!!!

So what energizes you about your job? How do you recover/refocus after a rough day at work. I look forward to reading your thoughts.

No comments: