Thursday, March 6, 2008

What's your Red Rubber Ball?

I attended a conference last year and a person I met there told me about Kevin Carroll. She told me that he was a motivational speaker and has written a wonderful book called "Rules of the Red Rubber Ball". I was interested so I bought a copy and was blown away. I was so inspired that I decided to share it with my students last year and they loved the book. I even created a "Red Rubber Ball Gang". The group only had two requirements for initiation. First you had to memorize the 7 rules and secondly, you had to know what your red rubber ball is. This year I took it a step furthur and bought journals for my students and they read the book and wrote journal entries about their experience reading the book and telling me what their read rubber ball was. Some of the entries made me tear up. It is a joy being in a job where you can connect on a heart level with the people you are trying to impact.

So what's your red rubber ball? What excites and energizes you? For more inspiration check out http://www.kevincarrollkatalyst.com/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Sam!
Thanks for the kind & thoughtful words about my book. I'm inspired and humbled by the way you incorporated the book into your teaching & classroom. I will be highlighting your blog on my site in the near future on our "Thursday Shoutout" so be on the lookout. Someone from my team will also reach out to you about sending you a "special" THANKS.
For now, accept this sincere BIG THANKS and I wish you continued success in all your efforts to inspire the next generation of DREAMERS! Be well...

Kevin Carroll/Katalyst