Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Strengths Movement in Schools

I am SUPER excited to read Jenifer Fox's new book "Your Child's Strengths: Discover Them, Develop Them, Use Them". I have been using Gallup's StrengthFinder in my classroom with my students and am excited to finally get my hands on a actual strength-based curriculum that has helped students to reach their full potential in the classroom.

Like, Jenifer, I believe that teaching to a student's strengths in the next big idea in education. If you are interested in reading more about the strengths movement in schools check out the website, www.strengthsmovement.com . It has a wealth of resources for teachers and also has an on-line community where you can interact with other people from around the world that are passionate about the strengths movement.

If you have taken StrengthsFinder. I would love to read your 5 strengths. If you have not, you can purchase StrengthsFinder 2.0 by Tom Rath at any bookstore and take the assesment online by using the code that accompanies the book.

More to come. I look forward to having many strength conversations on this blog. I am excited to see what will happen with the strength revolution in schools over the next couple of months as more people are exposed to the benefits of teaching to students strengths.

No comments: