Sunday, August 3, 2008

What's your Red Rubber Ball...

As many of you know from reading my blog, I am a HUGE fan of Kevin Carroll's Rules of the Red Rubber Ball. Well, he has truly outdone himself with his new book "What's your Red Rubber Ball". It is absolutely GLORIOUS and I can't wait to implement it into my classroom this fall.

It truly is amazing, I just love the Magic Box activity and the questions Kevin asks..."What makes you laugh or smile, what in life do you find irristable...". I know my students are going to love tackling their dreams and creating their own boxes of magic this year.

I encourage ALL teachers to pick up a copy right now and even if you can't fit it into your curriculum, I think it would be GREAT to make your own box of magic to show your students. You can read more about the book by clicking on the link below.

http://www.amazon.com/Whats-Your-Red-Rubber-Ball/dp/1933060565/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217797215&sr=8-1

Well pre-planning is a week away and I am SUPER excited. I hope to write once or twice a week throughout the school year. I would love to hear the exciting things that are going on in your life and if you teach, what excites you about the upcoming school year.

All the best...and keep living the Dream!!!

Sam

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Sam!
Thanks for the literary "luv" and being such an avid supporter of my work & message! A teacher with enthusiasm and passion for creating teachable moments in the classroom will influence oh so many students - thanks for being one of those special teachers that LOVES his work.

You're a human catalyst!

I hope we can connect when you come to Portland in November. it's best to coordinate things with my "Girl Friday" aka Jessica at her email:
jessica@kevincarrollkatalyst.com
She knows my whereabouts, calendar and commitments best. Hope to see you in November and have a fantastic school year!

Peace and be well...
Kevin