Monday, May 19, 2008

Randy Pausch...

I had an interesting experience a few weeks ago after a challenging day in my classroom and I am still feeling the affects. I ran accross a talk by former Carnagie Mellon professor Randy Pausch. It was an inspiring 1 hour and 15 minutes. GLORIOUS! A couple of take aways that just blew me away...

Brick Walls exist not so that we would stop what we are doing, but to keep those who are not as passionate as we are away. The fact is if people are not passionate about something as soon as they see the brickwall, they will focus their attention and efforts elsewhere. This simple idea spoke right into my current situation...

Don't be afraid to ask. This was also an amazing reminder for me. Sometimes, I get so busy that forget that you can get more accomplished by asking for help. Most people welcome the opportunity to help you. Just ask...

Below is a link of the talk on YouTube. I hope you enjoy! Plus he has a book that covers some of the same ideas. It is just more indepth. I am currently reading it and am thoroughly enjoying it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTugjssqOT0

Living the Dream,

Sam

No comments: